Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
UNH Cooperative Extension serves New Hampshire farmers and citizens by offering programs relating to managing pests. Our work includes:
- Publications that summarize the latest research and best pest management practices:
- new and invasive pests: spotted wing drosophila (SWD), brown marmorated stink bug (BMSB) and more...
- public health pests
- Workshops and Meetings that deliver current information on managing insects, pathogens, weeds, and other pests.
- Identification Services to help identify the cause of specific pest problems.
- One-on-One Assistance to meet the needs of individual producers
- Monitoring weather conditions and populations of predators, parasites and pests throughout NH
- Delivering Time-Sensitive Information to growers as they need it with regular newsletters, email alerts, and the NH fruit pest hotline, at (603) 862-3763.