Insect Identification Service
The UNH Arthropod Identification Center identifies all insects. Samples can be submitted by mail, or in person. Include the submission form with the insect. Instructions are found on the back of the form.
- Got a tick on your child, and don't know if might be the kind to spread Lyme disease?
- Want to learn more about the black legged tick? Check out Alan Eaton's fact sheet.
- Do you have insects invading your home, beetles in the kitchen or ants in the basement?
Want to learn about ticks? Check out this new video by Alan Eaton, Extension Specialist.
Why do we call it the ARTHROPOD Identification Center?
- Because we handle all insects and their relatives --- spiders, millipedes, and others.
- There are between 10 and 20 thousand species of insects in New Hampshire, so identifying an insect, spider or tick is often the crucial first step towards solving a problem.
$5 fee per specimen.