Spring is here and the busy season has begun! Please help us to stay within our 3 week turn-around time by reading the below information.
Since the early 1900s, UNH Cooperative Extension and the University of New Hampshire have been providing soil analysis and nutrient recommendations to researchers, farmers and homeowners.
Please take the time to submit a complete sample(s). Yes, we need a completed form and payment. We also need the crop code and cannot process your sample without it. If you choose to handwrite in your sample and contact information on the form, please do so legibly. This is especially important for email addresses.
Forms, test descriptions and cost, contact information (including a map and written directions on how to find us), and directions on how to take a sample can all be found here on the soil testing page. The Helpful Resources section on this page contains a link to the "frequently asked questions."
- Recommendations are based on the latest research conducted in New Hampshire and the northeastern states
- Our soil testing procedures are best suited to typical New England soil types
- Recommendations are given specific to the crop grown
- The costs per sample vary depending upon the test you choose. Please see individual form for price or see the complete pricing list for all comodities.
- Test result turn around time can be up to 3 weeks from the day we receive your sample. March and April are the busiest months.
- Frequently asked questions
- More information on what can be included in your soil analysis
- Sample Home, Grounds & Garden Soil Report
- Making Sense of Your Soil Test Results
- Interpreting your Heavy Metal Soil Test Result
- Organic & Natural Fertilizer for the Home Ground & Garden
- Interpreting you Heavy Metals Soil Test Results
- Education Center and Info Line
- Cooperative Extension Fact Sheets and Publications
- Understanding Your Soil Test Results
Soil Testing in the news: UNH Cooperative Extension reached a milestone April 11, 2012– processing the 20,000th soil sample.