Extension Associate Professor/Specialist, Wildlife
Matt is originally from Hancock, NH and he currently lives in Barrington with his wife Tracy. He completed an M.S. in Wildlife Ecology from UNH in 1999. While in graduate school Matt was the Manager of the UNH Wildlife Research Facility in Brentwood and he studied winter supplemental feeding of deer in northern NH. After graduate school Matt worked in temporary positions with the NH Division of Forest and Lands and with Extension as Assistant Rockingham County Forester. Matt worked in the private sector as a forester and wildlife biologist before assuming the role of Rockingham County Forester in 2002.
- B.S. Wildlife Management from University of New Hampshire 1996 Minors: Forestry & English
- M.S. Wildlife Ecology from University of New Hampshire 1999
Program Specialty Areas
- Assist private landowners and municipalities in managing their land for timber, wildlife habitat, water resources, recreation and aesthetics.
- Assist professional foresters and wildlife biologists in assessing, creating and maintaining wildlife habitats.
- Develop and implement educational programs for natural resource professionals including Licensed Foresters, Logging Contractors and Wildlife Biologist.
- Promote and participate in the NH Tree Farm Program, NH Coverts Project, and NH Tree Stewards Program.
- Assist students in gaining work experience in the natural resources field.
131 Main Street
Durham, NH 03824-2500 View Map