for Military Kids
Thanks to our Fisher Cats
Game Corporate Sponsor!
Wear Purple for
2016 - 2017
Teen Adventure Camps
Cooperative Extension and Northeast Passage partner for Adventure Camps for Military Teens with disabilities. Check out this super video!
Check out this video featuring Teen Adventure Camp activities
Strengthens Commitment to
Month of the Military Child
The 7th Annual
Purple Up for Military Kids!
Friday, April 21, 2017
The New Hampshire Military Youth and Family Program, part of UNH Cooperative Extension, invites you to join us for the 7th annual Purple Up! for Military Kids celebration by wearing purple on Friday, April 21st. This is a very visible way to show support and thank military children for their strength and the sacrifices they make.
Help us turn New Hampshire purple on April 21st! Be creative…the goal is for military youth to see they have the support of their community.
- Come to the Fisher Cats game dedicated to honoring military kids, on April 21st
- Involve schools, sports teams, youth organizations, clubs, and afterschool programs
- Invite a Service Member to conduct a Physical Training (PT) session for your
- Encourage co-workers, members of your spiritual community, exercise class, book
club, Rotory, or other group, to Purple Up! by wearing purple on April 21st
Click HERE to learn more about Purple Up!
NH Winter Military Teen Adventure Camps
for Teens with and without Disabilities
Camps Were Wonderful!!!
The UNH Cooperative Extension Military Youth and Family Program and UNH Northeast Passage have just completed another exciting and supportive winter teen adventure camp in the White Mountains, of NH. Campers socialized, played group games, and learned through a variety of adventure-based outdoor activities - all adapted to individual needs and experiences.
ALL INCLUSIVE! The $30 registration fee included lift tickets, lessons, equipment rental, food/lodging and a camp memento. Click HERE to learn more about our 2017 Camps.
Military Appreciation Day at
Apple Hill Farm!
Want to pick more apples at Apple Hill Farm? Check their Apple Schedule through late October. Apple Hill Farm is located at 580 Mountain Road, Concord, NH (603-224-8862). Take Highway 93 to Exit 17. Turn left when you get off at the exit, heading east to Mountain Road, which is the same as New Hampshire Route 132. Turn left at Route 132 (heading north) for 1/3 mile and Apple Hill Farm will be on your right. Look for the big red apple!
Military Youth and Family Program Components
The University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension (UNH CE) Military Youth and Family Program (MYFP) supports and connects geographically dispersed military-connected youth and families. To accomplish this, we partner with all branches of the military, youth groups, businesses, schools, community groups and organizations, state and local agencies, the spiritual community, volunteers, and others to enhance the well-being of military youth and families.
As a component of the 4-H Youth and Family Program, we promote hands-on learning by:
- Engaging kids in youth camps with science and healthy living experiences, plus fun outdoor activities!
- Creating opportunities for military-connected youth to participate in 4-H experiences and 4-H clubs in their local community.
- Providing high adventure winter camps for military teens - including camps for military teens with physical, developmental, and cognitive disabilities.
- Conducting military family camp weekends and military family days that offer opportunities for families to connect with one another while exploring science projects, nutrition education, and fitness activities.
These initiatives are supported by Cooperative Extension at the national and state level, as well as federal grants from the Department of Defense and branches of the military.
To learn more, click here -->
For more information, please visit us at nhmilitarykids.org, email CE.MYFP@unh.edu, or call (603) 862-0876.
The University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension is an
equal opportunity educator and employer.
UNH, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture and New Hampshire counties cooperating.