Agricultural Business Management
The Agriculture Business Team assists farmers, agriculture tourism businesses, and related industry sectors and business service providers in the areas of business planning, financial management, marketing and risk management education. Major programming objectives include:
- Helping agricultural entrepreneurs and natural-resource firm owners develop sound business plans
- Enhancing producers’ abilities to apply financial analysis techniques to production decisions.
- Enhancing producers’ sales by improving their understanding of market options and customer demand.
- Assisting producers with developing strategies to manage business risks.
- Assisting business owners with the adoption of long term plans to address asset transfer, business succession and retirement
We do this through:
- Institutes, conferences, and workshop series
- Online courses and tutorials
- One-on-one business consultations and technical assistance
- Industry collaboration and support
- Web and print publications
2016-2017 Agriculture Business Events (Stay Tuned for 2017 - 2018 Events)