Want to learn more about the speakers bureau or become a member?
Praise from the Amherst Garden Club:
"Christina Vogel did a great job speaking to our evening group. She was very knowledgeable on the subject of planting seeds. She spoke loud, and clearly and made eye contact. She brought a hands on project for our group to participate in and everyone really enjoyed themselves. It was obvious she was a teacher in her past. Thanks for hooking her up with us. I would recommend her to other groups."
What is the Speakers’ Bureau? It is a group of New Hampshire Master Gardeners who are available to speak to garden clubs, civic organizations, schools and other groups on a wide variety of topics from the world of gardening, horticulture, landscaping, and the environment. Speakers choose the topics in which they feel proficient and offer PowerPoint programs to illustrate their talk.
Who will be my speaker? All members of the Speakers’ Bureau are Master Gardeners with knowledge and interest in the subjects in which they speak. When you choose a topic, we will work to find a speaker who is available on that date. Once you have a contract with the Speakers’ Bureau, we will provide a brief bio of your speaker, sufficiently in advance for use in publicity.
We welcome inquiries about availability of speakers and talks on particular subjects. The topics offered are listed below. A suggested donation of $50.00 per speaking engagement helps cover expenses associated with delivering the presentation. Checks should be made payable to UNHCE and mailed to 329 Mast Road, Suite 115, Goffstown, NH 03045. This fee helps defray the costs of speaker travel, professional development, equipment, etc.
Please note that not all topics may be available for your requested date. In the event a speaker is not available for your selected topic, we will call to discuss alternate options.
- Community Gardening
- Container Gardening
- Pest Management in the Garden
- Bringing Pollinators to the Garden
- Putting the Garden to Bed
- Seed Starting
- Growing Strawberries
- Vegetable Gardening
Request a Presentation:
Before requesting a speaker:
- Deadline for requests- High demand for speakers means that requests must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the engagement.
- Questions? Call 1-877-398-4769 if you have any questions about requesting information about presentations.
- Please submit one form per request
- Because of the overwhelming number of requests, coupled with the speakers’ busy schedules, organizations are limited to three requests per year.