Worker Protection Standard (WPS)
News and Updates
Since January 2, 2017, new safety requirements for pesticide use have been in effect for employers and employees working in the production of agricultural commodities.
Goal of these Changes
These changes aim to:
- Reduce occupational pesticide exposure and incidents of related illness among agricultural workers and pesticide handlers covered by the standard, and
- Protect bystanders and others from exposure to agricultural pesticide use.
The links below provide resources and information to individuals responsible for Worker Protection Standard (WPS) compliance:
- Overview of the changes to New Hampshire regulations to comply with the 2017 Federal Worker Protection Standard (Coming soon!)
- Division of Pesticide Control: New Hampshire Code of Laws and Administrative Rules - Rules & Regulations about pesticide control (RSA 430 and Pes 100-1100).
- UNH Cooperative Extension: Pesticide Safety Education Program - Provides safety education resources.
- U.S. EPA: Pesticides - Various resources about pesticides and the federal rules and regulations that governs their use.
- U.S. EPA: Agriculture - Agriculture resources, including hot topics related to pesticide use and rules and regulations.
- U.S. EPA: Revisions to the Worker Protection Standard - Resources explaining the major revisions to the WPS.
- How to comply with the 2015 Revised WPS Standards - Provides guidance to owners and employers on how to comply with the WPS.
For additional information, contact the NH Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food, Division of Pesticide Control.