Veggie Volunteer Program - VVP
Want to be a Veggie Volunteer?! Anyone can do it and all are welcome!
How it works
- Volunteers (YOU!) gather at Sherman Farm Mondays and/or Wednesdays to harvest, wash, and pack vegetables. Picking starting July 11th 2016!
- Picking also at Spider Web Garden! Monday's ONLY Arrive at the farm at 9:45 for picking! Picking starting July 25th 2016!
- Arrive PROMPTLY at 9:45 at the Farms parking lot Mondays/Wednesdays July thru August
- Harvest lasts a few hours at most, come for as long as you can
- Harvested produce is brought (by volunteers) directly to local food pantries, senior centers, local hospitals, and the County Nursing Home
- No Background in gardening necessary, all ages welcome to attend
Are we harvesting today? Call 447-3834 to find out! We are typically Rain or Shine unless serious thunder & lightening
You have extra's at your farm too? You'd like your surplus or farm seconds to go to hungry hands?
Contact Olivia Saunders to coordinate a Veggie Volunteer Harvest at your Farm! (603) 447-3834.
- Veggie Volunteers serve their community, learn about agriculture with a hands-on approach, meet new people, make new friends, have fun outdoors and earn credit toward club badges and community service requirements.
- Recipients and the organizations receive the farm-fresh vegetables free of charge, they can redirect scarce funds to other needs. Most importantly, low-income people have received locally grown, farm fresh vegetables that they may not have had access to otherwise.
For More info on Gleaning...