Summary of Position
Under general supervision of the Director, manage the marketing and promotion of UNH Professional Development & Training, including developing and implementing marketing strategy, coordinating email campaigns, designing digital and print collateral, overseeing website and social media channels, updating marketing contact database, providing content for written publication, and establishing and maintaining partnerships with UNH and outside organizations.
Acceptable minimum level of education
Acceptable minimum years of experience
Other minimum qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, graphic design or related field and three years of marketing, communications and/or graphic design experience.
- Proficient in computer/Microsoft tools skills, email, and social media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A basic understanding of digital marketing tools including website management systems, automated email platforms, and graphic design software.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with digital marketing tools such as Abode InDesign and Photoshop, Salesforce, Drupal and/or Google Analytics
- Experience with Destiny One enrollment management system
- Previous work experience in higher education and/or noncredit continuing education.
- Experience in promotion of educational programs for varied audiences.
- Familiarity with enterprise-level financial systems such as Banner.
- Knowledge of inbound marketing and SEO/SEM principles.
- Familiarity with eCRM systems and web-based marketing campaigns.
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
- Develop, manage, and execute department and program-specific marketing plans. Manage marketing and promotions budgets as required. Review and select vendors for necessary external marketing support and production.
- Coordinate and design email marketing campaigns.
- Develop written and graphic content for internal and external marketing channels including email, website, blog, social media, and media releases.
- Oversee digital marketing channels including website and social media accounts.
- Maintain and utilize marketing contact database.
- Assist with department-wide strategic planning in relation to marketing objectives.
- Evaluate marketing efforts for effectiveness and return on investment.
- Collaborate with internal and external groups on strategic marketing partnerships.
- Research marketing and promotional strategies and make recommendations for changes. Explore and test new marketing opportunities.
- Hire, schedule, train, and supervise staff as assigned.
- Participate in institutional professional development and training.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status, genetic information, and political orientation. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
The University of New Hampshire is an R1 Carnegie classification research institution providing comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs of distinction. UNH is located in Durham on a 188-acre campus, 60 miles north of Boston and 8 miles from the Atlantic coast, and is convenient to New Hampshire’s lakes and mountains. There is a student enrollment of 13,000 students, with a full-time faculty of over 600, offering 90 undergraduate and more than 70 graduate programs. The University actively promotes a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, life experiences, and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry.
The UNH Diversity Resource Guide with information and programming available in the seacoast area, New Hampshire and the region can be found here: https://www.unh.edu/hr/diversity-resource-guide