Position is located in our Hillsborough County Office in Goffstown, NH
Under general supervision, with a focus on continuous improvement and customer service, this position will independently assist in a variety of moderately complex administrative matters. The responsibilities include providing office services related to electronic information flow, document preparation, data collection, maintenance, scheduling and customer service for the UNH Cooperative Extension Hillsborough County professionals.
This role is expected to:
- Serve as an important contact for program information, material requests, event information/registrations and specialist referrals.
- Compose, prepare and manage support for classes, workshops and conferences (marketing materials, registration handling, making deposits for, and generating financial, evaluation and summary reports).
- Communicate information of educational programs and events using web site calendars and posts, digital newsletters and other means including social media.
- Establish and coordinate electronic record management systems for complex and sensitive information.
- Coordinate general office management activities with other Administrative Assistant positions (maintain office equipment inventory and supplies, seek assistance for repair when necessary), all while using independent judgment, problem-solving skills, and initiative.
Acceptable Level of Education
HS or equivalent
Acceptable Minimum Years of Experience
Other minimum qualifications
- Three years of office experience or three years of specialized training or higher education or any combination of experience and higher education equal to three years.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures and use of electronic equipment.
- Computer skills, such as word processing, e-mail, Internet, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, data-base management and software applications as required by office.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the general public.
Additonal Preferred Qualifications
- Work experience in college/university environment.
- Additional related training or education.
- Demonstrated computer experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Programs and social media
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.