Acceptable minimum level of education: HS or equivalent
Acceptable minimum years of experience: 3 years
Other minimum qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of office experience or three years of specialized training or higher education or any combination of experience and higher education equal to three years.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures and use of electronic equipment.
- Keyboarding and computer skills, such as word processing, e-mail, Internet, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, data base management, and software applications as required by office.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the general public.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Associate’s degree and/or additional related training or education.
- Office management experience.
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office, Adobe Programs, including graphic design and using social media
- Experience in a fast paced and dynamic environment
Duties / Responsibilities
- All aspects of administrative support for County Program staff to include documentation and preparation related to programs and events, draft letters and forms, create and print labels, plan schedules, design and set up fliers and brochures, copy, send mailings, and create, tally and log surveys, including utilizing Qualtrics.
- Serve as liaison between general public and 4-H staff. Independently assist in a variety of moderately complex administrative matters.
- Communicate information of educational programs and events using website calendars, digital newsletters, and other means including social media.
- Establish and coordinate electronic record management systems for complex and sensitive information, including civil rights data.
- Manage and maintain 4-H Online and Salesforce databases.
- Create and compile spreadsheets, manage photos and other event documents, develop marketing and social media materials, generate digital newsletters, and maintain web pages.
- The majority of time will be dedicated to support of the 4-H program.
- Answering phones, greeting and assisting walk-in clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
The University of New Hampshire is a major research institution, providing comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate programs and graduate programs of distinction. UNH is located in Durham on a 188-acre campus, 60 miles north of Boston and 8 miles from the Atlantic coast, and is convenient to New Hampshire’s lakes and mountains. There is a student enrollment of 13,000 students, with a full-time faculty of over 600, offering 90 undergraduate and more than 70 graduate programs.