Summary of Position
Under general supervision of the marketing and communication manager, the assistant producer creates content that meets programmatic objectives of Extension. Examples of work include creation of print materials, taking photos and videos, updating web pages and posting social media content. Location of this position will be divided between the Rockingham and Hillsborough county offices. The minimum rate for this position is $19.27 per hour with starting pay normally not to exceed the first quartile, $21.84.
Acceptable minimum level of education
Acceptable minimum years of experience
Other minimum qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or closely related field, and one year of related communications/media/marketing experience.
- Experience working in teams.
- Effective, oral, written and visual communication skills
- Computer literacy and skills as required by department
- Travel around the state to attend events, conduct interviews and attend meetings (i.e. must have reliable transportation)
- Occasional weekend hours required.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Related work experience in higher education marketing and communications.
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
A background check will be required as a condition of employment.
- Work with supervisor, county program staff and Extension’s Marketing and Communication (MarCom) Team to establish goals and requests for work.
- Work closely with county staff and MarCom team to produce website pages and newsletters, create content such as posters, videos, brochures, social media posts, reports and flyers. Write blog posts and interview people as needed for content production. Attend various events throughout the state and take photos/video. Advise county staff on marketing best practices and MarCom best practices. Work closely with MarCom Producers to advance flagship initiatives.
- Attend meetings and events as needed.
- Participate in institutional professional development and training.
- Perform related duties, as assigned.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.