BUSINESS SERVICE ASSISTANT/Part-Time (.60), Non-Benefited Position
With general guidance from supervisor, this position provides full accounting functions and support to assigned Cooperative Extension program teams. The work includes the processing of many types of transactions from numerous funding sources, including state and federal grants, federal formula funds, gifts and fee generated resources. Must follow policies and procedures under UNH, grant-specific and federal Uniform Guidance principles with funds subject to audit.
Position also conducts other business services functions for all of UNH Cooperative Extension. Work is done as part of the overall Business Services Center construct.
- Process various financial transactions from complex funding sources, ensuring compliance with USNH and Uniform Guidance financial policies and procedures, utilizing Banner financial accounting system. This includes processing purchasing requisitions, encumbrance documents, purchasing card transactions, invoices and reconciling accounts.
- Generate financial and administrative reports, utilizing the WEBI reporting system. Review and distribute to Program Team Leaders and Principle Investigators.
- Meet with staff when necessary to answer inquiries regarding financial transactions and expenses. Determine additional WEBI reports needed to answer staff questions and meet their needs.
- Collect, reconcile and deposit revenue in compliance with prescribed USNH policies and procedures. Record payments and registrations for workshops in the Destiny One system. Provide reports and updates to the program coordinators.
- Provide sponsored program funding management to ensure compliance with sponsor agency awards, including Uniform Guidance, and UNH policies and procedures.
- Perform manual and/or on-line data inquiry, analysis and research. Assist and advise staff with various inquiries for finance in relation to departmental and business procedures, ensuring compliance with USNH guidelines.
- Prepare and maintain basic spreadsheets, databases and word processing documents as required.
- Maintain confidentiality in communication of sensitive information and in handling confidential materials.
- Perform office support functions such as maintaining files, sorting records and preparing documents for scanning
- Maintain level of professional skill and knowledge, including attend required training sessions and meetings. Also, perform other duties as assigned.
UNH, Durham, NH
High school graduation and 2-3 years of related experience involving progressively responsible accounting duties. Keyboarding and comprehensive computer skills, such as spreadsheets, word processing e-mail, Internet, data entry/ retrieval, and database management and knowledge of software applications, as required by department. Effective written and oral communication skills. Supervisory skills including the ability to instruct, direct, and evaluate work of others. Organizational and analytical skills. Customer service skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the general public.
Comprehensive computer skills including knowledge of Banner, WEBI reporting, Microsoft Office and Destiny One. Knowledge of University policies and procedures. Familiarity with grants, especially federal grants subject to Uniform Guidance.
$16.00 to $19.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience. Non-benefited position.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.