MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS, PRODUCTION EDITOR
Summary of Position: Under administrative review of the marketing and communications manager, direct the complete publishing/implementation process for all UNH Cooperative Extension programs, including planning, writing, editing, and project management in collaboration with design staff in design/production/website/social media.
Acceptable minimum level of education: Bachelor's
Acceptable minimum years of experience: 3-5 years
Other minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field and 3 years of related communications/media/marketing experience, including newsletter production and project management. Knowledge of photography, layout and publication/print technology, web-based and social media communications. Effective communications skills, and ability to conduct training for staff. Experience with the use of social media platforms for an organization.
Additional preferred qualifications: Related work experience in higher education. Master’s degree in journalism, communications, or closely related field.
Salary: Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
- Using project management techniques, develop content aligned with Extension’s communications strategy through a variety of platforms (e.g. articles, websites, videos, social media, podcasts, displays, brochures). Collaborate with people both in UNH and outside to create this content that advances the strategic initiatives of Cooperative Extension and achieves programmatic objectives.
- Provide training to staff and volunteers on best communication, marketing and content development practices that results in effective communication to target audiences. Help incorporate these practices in core guidance documents, such as strategic communication plan, style guide and communication tool kit.
- Manage student interns and consultants as needed to achieve Cooperative Extension communication objectives.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Provide writing, editing and/or proofreading as needed for all written materials submitted to the marketing and communication team, such as letters from leadership, reports and scripts.
- Participate in professional development and training as appropriate.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.