EXTENSION PART TIME PROGRAM ASSISTANT
This position is located in UNH Cooperative Extension’s Cheshire County office, Keene, N.H.
It is a non-benefited, part-time position
The Cheshire County, Program Assistant:
- will support the life-skill development of 4-H members and participants through support of STEM/ Maker learning experiences throughout Cheshire Communities.
- Develop, organize, plan and coordinate county-based 4-H Maker experiences along the 4-H Maker pathway through the 4-H Youth Development program. Includes being responsive to local participant needs and concerns.
- Recruit, train, guide, & support 4-H Maker volunteer leaders to support the 4-H Makers pathway program outcomes, to ensure risk management, and to ensure the programmatic involvement of under-served and under-represented audiences such that all educational programming must be conducted in full accordance with civil rights, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Affirmative Action (AA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) policies and procedures.
- Support programs by tracking enrollment information, coordinating evaluation data collection, completing timely reporting and analyzing program effectiveness.
- Contribute as a member of County Extension office team by responding to direct inquiries from county stakeholders and families, and supporting office efforts and initiatives.
- Identify individual professional development goals and seek training in subject area expertise and essential skills, such as group process, facilitation and organizational skills.
- Participate in team meetings and perform related duties as assigned.
Acceptable Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor’s
Acceptable Minimum Years of Experience: 2 years
Other Minimum Qualifications: 1. Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline, education or human services and two years of experience in work related to administering educational programs. 2. Ability to work a flexible schedule (some nights and weekends) and to travel extensively around the county and occasionally across the state. 3. Effective human relations and communication skills. 4. Computer skills
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.The University of New Hampshire is a major research institution, providing comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate programs and graduate programs of distinction. UNH is located in Durham on a 188-acre campus, 60 miles north of Boston and 8 miles from the Atlantic coast, and is convenient to New Hampshire’s lakes and mountains. There is a student enrollment of 13,000 students, with a full-time faculty of over 600, offering 90 undergraduate and more than 70 graduate programs. $16.00 to $20.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience. Non-benefited position.
This position is county-funded. Employment is contingent on continued funding.