Summary of Position
Under broad direction from supervisor and with a focus on continuous improvement and customer service, responsible for initiating and coordinating accounting and support for Cooperative Extension, including complex transactions and processes, and involving the use of accounting procedures, problem-solving skills and independent judgment. Work is done as part of the overall Business Services Center construct.
Acceptable minimum level of education: HS or equivalent
Acceptable minimum years of experience: 3-5 years
Other minimum qualifications
- High school graduation and 4 years of related experience involving progressively responsible accounting duties, or Associate’s Degree in Accounting and 2 years of related experience, or combination of higher education and related experience equal to 4 years.
- Keyboarding and comprehensive computer skills, such as spreadsheets, word processing e-mail, Internet, data entry/ retrieval, and database management and knowledge of software applications, as required by department.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Supervisory skills including the ability to instruct, direct, and evaluate work of others.
- Organizational and analytical skills.
- Customer service skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the general public.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Comprehensive computer skills including knowledge of Banner, WEBI reporting, Microsoft Office and Destiny One. Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Process various financial transactions from complex funding sources, ensuring compliance with USNH financial policies and procedure, utilizing Banner financial accounting system. This includes processing purchasing requisitions, encumbrance documents, purchasing card transactions, invoices and reconciling accounts.
- Process personnel and payroll transactions for employees ensuring compliance with USNH HR policies and procedures, utilizing Banner HR and Web Time Entry systems.
- Generate financial and administrative reports, utilizing the WEBI reporting system. Review and distribute to account managers and Program Team Leaders. Meet with staff when necessary to answer inquiries regarding financial transactions and expenses.
- Collect, reconcile and deposit revenue in compliance with prescribed USNH policies and procedures.
- Perform manual and/or on-line data inquiry, analysis and research. Assist and advise staff with various inquiries for finance and HR transactions in relation to departmental and business procedures, ensuring compliance to USNH guidelines.
- Record payments and registrations for workshops utilizing Destiny One software.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
The University of New Hampshire is a major research institution, providing comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate programs and graduate programs of distinction. UNH is located in Durham on a 188-acre campus, 60 miles north of Boston and 8 miles from the Atlantic coast, and is convenient to New Hampshire’s lakes and mountains. There is a student enrollment of 13,000 students, with a full-time faculty of over 600, offering 90 undergraduate and more than 70 graduate programs.