Summary of Position
The position will be housed in our Merrimack County Extension office in Boscawen, NH. The University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension is seeking a qualified Extension Teacher to work with the Youth and Family Nutrition Connections Program. The qualified candidate will be responsible for the teaching and evaluation of youth and/or adults in the areas of food resource management, home food safety, physical activity and food and nutrition. This position will develop curriculum plans and adapt lessons to meet the educational needs of program participants. This role will collaborate with state and/or community agencies and organizations, ensure programmatic involvement of under-served and under-represented audiences, ensuring that all educational programming is conducted in full accordance with civil rights, EEO, AA, and ADA polices. This person will be responsible for identifying, recruiting and training of potential volunteers that will assist in adult and/or youth educational programs.
90% time. Benefited
Acceptable minimum level of education:
Acceptable minimum years of experience 2 years
Other minimum qualifications
- Valid driver’s license.
- Effective human relations and communication skills.
- Computer skills as required by department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach and evaluate youth and/or adults in areas of food and nutrition, food safety, physical activity and food resource management.
- Develop curriculum plans and adapt lessons to meet the educational needs of program participants.
- Coordinate arrangements for educational sessions, group activities and meetings.
- Provide information to clientele, volunteers and groups as directed or requested.
- Utilize technology, including social media, video conferencing, web-based and other emerging technologies in educational program delivery and communication, as applicable.
- Identify, recruit and train potential volunteers to assist in adult and/or youth educational programs.
- Ensure programmatic involvement of under-served and under-represented audiences and ensure that all educational programming is conducted in full accordance with civil rights, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Affirmative Action (AA) and Americans with Disabilities (ADA) policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with state and/or community agencies and organizations.
- Act as a liaison between Extension State or Field Specialists and the county by serving as a spokesperson for Extension programs.
- Collect evaluation data, analyze program effectiveness, and complete program documentation, records and reports as requested.
- Attend training, staff and Extension Advisory Council meetings as appropriate.
- Identify individual professional development goals and seek training in essential teaching skills and subject area expertise.
- Related duties as assigned.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S. groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
The University of New Hampshire is a major research institution, providing comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate programs and graduate programs of distinction. UNH is located in Durham on a 188-acre campus, 60 miles north of Boston and 8 miles from the Atlantic coast, and is convenient to New Hampshire’s lakes and mountains. There is a student enrollment of 13,000 students, with a full-time faculty of over 600, offering 90 undergraduate and more than 70 graduate programs.