UNH Extension Seeks an Administrative Assistant III in Hillsborough County
Under the general supervision of the county office administrator, the office administrative assistant will focus on client service and provide support for UNH Cooperative Extension staff in Hillsborough County, located at the Extension office in Goffstown. Responsibilities include performing varied general office and staff support functions, marketing, and program logistics support, and internal and external communications. Other duties are many and varied depending upon the ability and training of the individual and the program needs of the staff (field specialists, program managers, and teachers), including occasional work outside the office. As frontline staff, the administrative assistant must represent UNH Extension in a courteous, professional manner in all facets of the job including on the telephone, in person, and in writing. All office staff are part of a team and must function as such, communicating needs and assisting others within the capacity of their position.
- Prepare regular mailings and email newsletters to advisory council members, program participants and county newsletter subscribers. Edit correspondence and other documents including reports, letters, program materials, and newsletters. Maintain accurate lists in Salesforce and other computer databases by updating and maintaining records.
- Support Extension program areas and staff related to workshops and programs by preparing correspondence, agendas, meeting minutes, reports, and other materials. Provide marketing support for events and programs including with development and distribution of fliers, web announcements and pages, calendar submissions, etc. Correspond directly with clients to respond to inquiries, support registrations, provide confirmations, and collect fees. Support program logistics including catering, name tags, and assembling program packets. Utilize the Adobe and Microsoft suites, as well as other software as needed.
- Support 4-H program management. Follow up on inquiries for new members and volunteers, maintain 4-H online database, compile information and generate 4-H reports, and support volunteer screening process. Support 4-H program at offsite events, workshops, and fairs when needed, including preparations for 4-H participation at the Hillsborough County Fair.
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies under the supervision of the county office administrator. Maintain responsibility for communications with vendors regarding office systems and maintaining an inventory of office equipment for insurance and replacement purposes. Coordinate office calendar and conference room scheduling. Arrange travel, meetings, and conferences for office staff. Attend office meetings and record minutes. Handle mailings in compliance with current U.S. postal rules and regulations.
- Serve as the primary contact for all program area general inquiries. Screen and refer clients (callers, walk-ins, emails, etc.), take messages, and research inquiries according to client service procedures. Ensure phone system for the office is accurate and supports good client service. Stay current on UNH Cooperative Extension programs, mission, and other relevant organizational details in order to supply accurate and appropriate information to the public.
- Develop and implement a professional development plan to maintain and enhance competence in appropriate areas such as office and task management, software use, etc. as supported by supervisor. Actively participate in the Extension Assistants Team to support professional development.
- Limited in-state travel for occasional events and professional development.
- High school graduation and five years of experience in clerical/office support work, or five years of specialized training and higher education, or any combination of experience and additional training equal to five years
- Comprehensive knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Extension professional staff, colleagues, volunteers and the general public.
- Keyboarding and comprehensive computer skills, such as word processing, e-mail, internet, spreadsheets, database management, and software applications, as required by the Extension office.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Associate’s degree and/or additional related training or education.
- Office management experience.
- Core competencies with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Teams, etc), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, etc), database management, and use of social media and mass email marketing tools.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status, genetic information, and political orientation. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.