UNH Extension Seeks a Food and Agriculture Field Specialist
This position is based at UNH Extension’s Coös County office in Lancaster, N.H. The field specialist will provide formal and informal education to the agricultural community by organizing and implementing educational events including workshops, field tours, and grower meetings; disseminating current research-based information through the development of fact sheets, articles, and other print and web-based resources; and providing one-on-one instruction and technical assistance to farms, homestead operations and agricultural businesses of all sizes throughout the county to improve quality, sustainability, and profitability of products and services. UNH is a federal contractor within the meaning of the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This position may require that you be vaccinated against COVID-19 in the future, unless you apply for and receive a religious or medical exemption.
- Provide one-on-one instruction and technical assistance to farms and homestead operations of all types and sizes to improve the quality, sustainability, and profitability of products and services.
- Work independently and with a team of Extension state and field specialists to support, plan, develop, implement, and evaluate innovative, relevant, and impactful educational programs that enhance the profitability and sustainability of agricultural businesses in Coös County and statewide.
- Disseminate current research-based information to clients through the development of fact sheets, articles, newsletters, and other print and web-based resources.
- Connect agricultural businesses with appropriate Extension staff and programs as appropriate when client needs fall outside the field specialist’s area of expertise. Work in partnership with the Extension Coös County Forester when appropriate, based on client needs.
- Connect home gardeners and other community members with the services of Cooperative Extension, including the Master Gardener program and the Education Center Infoline.
- Involve the Coös County Cooperative Extension Advisory Council and local agricultural agencies and organizations in an educational needs assessment.
- Ensure programmatic involvement of underserved and underrepresented audiences and that all educational programming is designed and conducted in full accordance with civil rights, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Affirmative Action (AA), and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Engagement, Outreach, and Communication
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status, genetic information, and political orientation. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.