4-H Animal Enrollment (Intent to Show)
CHANGES FOR THE 2022-2023 SHOW SEASON:
- All NH 4-H animals exhibited at a NH 4-H show or fair must be added to the member’s 4HOnline account by the June 1, 2023. Use these instructions to enroll your animal.
- ALL species of animals that were not previously required to be listed such as horse, poultry, waterfowl, rabbits, and cavies must also be enrolled through 4HOnline this year to exhibit at a NH 4-H show or fair.
- Animals registered with a breed registry and owned in the member’s name must also be enrolled through 4HOnline this year to exhibit at a NH 4-H show or fair.
- Animal Enrollment deadlines for out of state shows vary. Fryeburg Fair Beef Market Steer Show Deadline is Nov. 1. The Big E (Eastern States Exposition) deadline for Beef Steers is Feb. 1 and Beef Heifer, Working Steer, Horse/Equine deadline is May 1. All other species qualifying for ESE deadline is June 1.
These changes allow counties to better target their animal project offerings. Each member who enrolls their animals by the June 1 deadline will receive a NH 4-H Animal Science t-shirt.
Species that are required to enroll through 4HOnline to participate in a NH 4-H Animal Show, Fair or Event:
- Dairy Cattle
- Goat (all types)
- Horse/ Equine
- Llama & Alpaca
- Rabbit & Cavies
- Working Steer
Please see the NH 4-H Animal Requirements and Deadlines for information on everything you need to know about deadlines, vaccinations, animal age, rabies requirements and animal ID.
WHAT IS ANIMAL ENROLLMENT?
Animal Enrollment (formerly called “Approval” or “Intent to Show”) is required for all animals exhibited at a NH 4-H show, fair or event. All animals of every species must be added to the member’s 4HOnline account by June 1 each year to be shown in a NH 4-H show or fair or to be eligible to represent NH at The Big E (ESE). Even if you own your animal and have it registered in your name you will still need to add the animal to your 4HOnline account by June 1.
- Instructions for Entering Animals in 4-HOnline
- Animal Intent to Show form - this form will help you gather the animal information to be add into 4Honline
- NH 4-H Animal Requirements and Deadlines
- Record of 4-H Animal Sharing/Borrowing
- Helmet Release Form
- 4-H Animal Project Forms, Fact Sheets and Resources
HOW TO ENROLL YOUR ANIMAL:
The preferred way to enroll an animal is through the member’s 4HOnline account. This can be done on a computer or a mobile device. If you are having difficulty, please refer to the instructions, or contact your county office for help or to receive a paper form you can complete.
Please contact Mary Davis, Field Specialist in the State 4-H Office with any questions at Mary.Davis@unh.edu or 603-862-2188.