UNH Extension seeks Education and 4-H Youth Development State Administrative Assistant
The Education and 4-H Youth Development (E4-HYD) State Administrative Assistant will support UNH Extension’s E4-HYD team to leverage University resources to create positive youth development experiences for N.H. youth, families, and educators. The E4-HYD administrative assistant is a crucial member of the team, located in the 4-H State Office in Durham, directly supporting the work of Extension specialists and program managers focused on 4-H Youth Development and building Educator Capacity. The position will also support the Executive Director of the 4-H Foundation of New Hampshire. The support professional will engage with a number of essential projects that enable youth of New Hampshire to not only grow but thrive as future 21st Century leaders of community and the workforce. UNH is a federal contractor within the meaning of the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This position may require that you be vaccinated against COVID-19 in the future, unless you apply for and receive a religious or medical exemption.
Assist program staff with editing, posting and managing online content including blogs, events and resources
Assist program staff with contact resource management, enrollment data and communications via email and social media
Assist with scheduling rooms and spaces, assist with documents and minutes, manage registration and provide occasional on-site support
Assist Program Staff with supply purchasing utilizing University systems and managing basic financial spreadsheets for projects and grants
Pursue learning of applicable skills and technologies
- High school graduation plus four years of office experience or four years of specialized training or higher education or any combination of experience and higher education equal to four years.
- Organizational and analytical skills including managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Computer skills, such as word processing, e-mail, Internet, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, data base management and software applications
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the general public
- Commitment to supporting a welcoming and diverse workplace culture
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Salesforce and/or Predictive Response
- Experience in a fast paced educational or non-profit mission-driven workplace
- Associate’s degree and/or additional related training or education.
- Financial bookkeeping experience
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status, genetic information, and political orientation. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.