What are County Medals?
- County Medals are decorative pins, awarded to 4-H youth in recognition of an outstanding accomplishment in a particular project area.
Why should I apply?
- Earning an award, like a County Medal, adds to your resume, and is looked upon favorably by the selection committees for college scholarships, and state and national awards and trips.
What is the criteria for applying?
- Youth must be 4-H age 12 and up.
- Youth must be a Grafton County 4-H member in good standing.
- Youth must have completed a minimum of six (6) hours in the project area.
Which projects are eligible?
- Youth can apply for County Medals in any of the 82 project areas listed on the application.
How do I apply?
- Submit a completed County Medal Application and Project Essay to the Grafton County 4-H office no later than October 2, 2019.
What additional resources will help with the application process?
- What are Life Skills?, a blog written by Kelsey Irvine, a 4-H Youth Development Agent with the University of Florida, includes a diagram of the 4-H life skills wheel.