I pledge my hands to larger service...
During the course of this four-month project (from January 1 – May 15), 4-H members are encouraged to challenge those around them to collect food and essentials for those in need. Once the holiday season passes, many local food shelves use up their supplies and by Spring, the once well-stocked shelves are in need of replenishing. That's just one of the reasons why the Rumney Farmers 4-H Club is challenging other clubs and independent members around the county to this friendly competition. The club or independent member who collects and donates the most items by May 15, 2020 will be recognized with a winning trophy.
Did You Know:
- Food Stamps can be used to get many food items, however many people in need don't have financial resources to purchase essential items like soap, toilet paper, and tissues.
- Donations collected during this project will be given to a local food shelf in our area for distribution to those in need.
- This county-wide project has been designed to be an extension of our State Youth Leadership Team initiative focusing on the needs of the homeless.
- Collected items can be delivered directly to local food pantries.
- Members and leaders can tally the number of items they have collected and e-mail the total count to Donna.Lee@unh.edu. (Include a photo if possible.)
- For alternative drop-off options contact Bekey Bordonaro, 4-H Organizational Leader with the Rumney Farmers 4-H Club (Beksbus@yahoo.com or 603-786-5029).
Ideas of Items to Donate:
- Canned Fruit
- Dish Soap
- Pudding Mix
- Toilet Paper
- Cake Mix
- Tooth Paste
- Baking Mix
- Laundry Soap
- Paper Plates
- Hot Chocolate