The Grafton County 4-H Window Display Contest is an opportunity for clubs to promote 4-H in their communities during National 4-H Week by putting up a display in the window of a local business. Designs revolve around an annual theme, tell the public about 4-H, and encourage new families to join.
2019 Window Display Theme:
- 4-H in Motion
- Find a window that will be seen by many people from the road and/or parking lot.
- Personally contact the business owner; explain the event and ask if your club can use their location.
- Register for the contest with the Extension Office.
- Design a window display using this year’s theme.
- Work as a team to construct your display and put it in place.
- Review the score sheet to make sure you have incorporated all of the elements.
Dates to Remember:
- OCTOBER 2 - Window Display registrations due to the office
- OCTOBER 6 - 12 - National 4-H Week
- by OCTOBER 6 - 4-H clubs set up Window Displays
- OCTOBER 7 - 9 - Judging of Window Displays
- OCTOBER 11 - Results will be announced at the 4-H Family Fall Festival at Blackmount Equipment on Route 10 in North Haverhill.
- OCTOBER 13 - Take down the Window Display
- Phone or e-mail Donna Lee at the county office with the name of your club, the location of your display, and directions on how to get to your window display.
- The judges will be using this score sheet to evaluate contest entries.
- Use this printable flyer to share contest details with others who may be interested in participating.