The Grilled Cheese Challenge is coming to the 4-H Makers Expo! It's all happening on Saturday, April 13, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Interlakes High Lakes High School in Meredith. So let's get ready and start creating some tasty, healthy recipes for this statewide team event.
In 2018, we rolled out our first-ever statewide 4-H Healthy Living event and sent a team to Eastern States Expo (ESE)/4-H Dairy Show. This year, the Grilled Cheese Challenge will be part of the 4-H Makers Expo. There will be no qualifying events to attend the Makers Expo this year and we will not be selecting an additional team for ESE. This event will be open to ALL 4-H members, ages 8-18.
What else is NEW for 2019?
- A team may be either 2 or 3 members
- Only one category this year: Bread, Butter & Cheese: Healthy Please! (use your innovative imagination & build an amazing sandwich)
- PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD for Taste. 25 Lucky spectators will get involved with selecting the tastiest sandwich for 2019.
- Updated scoresheet promoting learning experience
RESOURCES to help your team plan:
- 4-H Grilled Cheese Scoresheet
- 4-H Grilled Cheese Team Checklist
- 4-H Grilled Cheese Event Planning Checklist
This year's challenge is about showcasing healthy living skills, having fun in a competitive learning environment and meeting other youth who love to create and build. Please plan to join us for this exciting 4-H Foods Event. For more information, resources, and/or volunteer training/support, please contact Extension Field Specialist Heidi Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org.