The UNH Kiwiberry Research and Breeding Program is hosting a hands-on demonstration of proper pruning and training practices for the commercial production of kiwiberries.
- When: Wednesday, August 14, 2019; 3-5 PM
- Where: Woodman Farm, a facility of the NH Agricultural Experiment Station - 70 Spinney Lane, Durham, NH
The workshop will cover:
- Recommended pruning and training supplies
- Vine architecture and new vine establishment
- Male vs. female pruning and training
- Selecting and spacing fruiting laterals
- Dormant pruning considerations
Current and prospective kiwiberry producers are encouraged to attend. All attendees are encouraged to bring their own hand pruners -- please ensure they can cut up to 1’’ diameter woody material.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Iago Hale at email@example.com