A Fabulous Onions Recipe
When you go to the farmers market in the summer, you will likely find onions, they can be used in many different recipes, try using them in the recipe below.
4 large onions, diced
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 cup long grain rice, cooked according to package directions
⅔ cup milk
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook rice according to package directions, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a skillet add olive oil and diced onions. Sauté for 5 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- In a large bowl add the sautéed onions, cooked rice, milk, black pepper, salt, and ground allspice stir until blended.
- Pour into a lightly oiled casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese on top.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes, remove cover and bake for 5 more minutes until cheese begins to brown. Enjoy.
You could serve this casserole with a tossed salad made with fresh fruits and vegetables you purchased at the farmers market.
Making the Recipe
Watch this short video on how to make this delicious onion casserole.