Serving size: 1/2 cup
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add rice and mix to coat rice with oil.
- Add chicken broth, parsley, garlic powder and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, turn heat to low, cover pan and let cook for 30-45 minutes or until liquid is gone. If using instant brown rice follow cooking time on package.
- Once liquid is gone, stir rice and serve hot.
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Combine ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
Save time by using 3/4 cup frozen chopped onion instead of fresh.
Give yourself and those you love the goodness of whole grains. Make at least half of the grains you eat whole grains - such as bread, tortillas, pasta and cereals. Whole grains are good for your heart and digestion and can help you maintain a healthy weight and good overall health.