Submit four of your best photos to receive a 4-H Wildside Photography Patch. In addition, submitted photos will be judged in the categories below and each winner will receive their photo framed in a customized 4-H photo frame.
- Best use of color
- Tells a good story
- Captures Fall in New Hampshire
- All participants will be entered into a drawing and one person will win a Fujifilm Instax Instant Camera
Optional Photography Skill-Building Videos
Learn more and increase your photography skills with a professional photographer!
Free editing software: gimp.org/
± Colorful leaves on the ground
± Apple Orchard
± Pumpkin Patch
± Wild Turkey (or any wildlife)
± Birch Tree
± Mountain Top
± Mist on the water
- Talk to your friends and 4-H club about your photography project.
- Interview a professional photographer.
- Practice how to present your photos properly, mounting, framing etc.
- Create a demonstration for County Activities Day (topic ideas: camera equipment, lighting, composition etc.)
- Photograph your 4-H club members and activities and make an album to share.
- Volunteer to take photos at the Sandwich Fair, County Activities Day, or community event.
- Use your photography skills to explore Carroll County and tell a story about your town.
- Show your club how to take and edit photos.
- Organize a photo contest or display for your local library or another 4-H club.
- Teach a photography SPIN to younger 4-H members.
New Hampshire 4-H Event Opportunities
- Submit your photos into the Coös County Activities Day Photography Contest.
- Exhibit your photos in the Lancaster Fair and receive premiums.
- Create a display/exhibit at the state Maker Expo Event.
- Attend Teen Conference and participate in a photography workshop.
- Attend the National 4-H Photography Summit
Studio/Portrait Photographer: Take pictures of people in groups or individuals.
Wildlife Photographer: Take photos of wild animals in their natural surroundings.
Aerial or Drone Photographers: Take photos from an aircraft, capture vast landscapes, mountain tops and commercial real estate.
Wedding Photographers: Take photos before, during and after wedding ceremonies. Edit, develop, and create wedding album.
Marketing Photographers: Take images for advertising purposes.
- Online Only