North Country Climbing Center
2572 US Route 302
Lisbon, NH 03585
Climbing is a great way to be active! This four-session series will offer an opportunity to learn new techniques alongside 4-H friends as part of a SPIN (short-term, Special Interest project group).
Join 4-H leader Andy Krause at the North Country Climbing Center (a.k.a. N3C) on Route 302 in Lisbon on four consecutive Monday evenings this winter to take part in the indoor, student climbing program taught by N3C staff members. The program will include:
- The basics of climbing balance and motion
- How to tie necessary climbing knots
- Belaying and lowering climbers on top rope
- Registration deadline: January 19, 2022.
- Event dates: Mondays, January 24 and 31, and February 7 and 14.
- Open to currently enrolled 4-H youth who are 4-H program age 10-18.
- Class size is limited to 10 people on a first come first served basis. (We will keep a waiting list after the first ten spaces are filled.)
- Payment of $60 needs to be received in advance to hold a spot in the group. (A limited number of scholarships are available to individuals unable to pay. Contact the 4-H office for more information, 603-787-6944.) Checks should be made out to North Country Climbing Center and mailed to or dropped off at the 4-H office.
- All rental gear will be provided by N3C.
- Participants should wear comfortable clothing that allows for freedom of movement, along with socks.
- It is recommended that participants bring a water bottle labeled with their name.
- Register in 4-HOnline for the event titled “Grafton County – Climbing SPIN”. (Click here to go to 4HOnline)
- Drop a check off at the 4-H office or mail a check for $60 per youth, payable to the North Country Climbing Center, to UNHCE, attn: 4-H SPIN, 3855 DCH, Box 5, North Haverhill, NH 03774. (Registrations will remain pending until payment is received or scholarship arrangements have been made.)
- Complete the North Country Climbing Center Visitor and Liability Release Agreement. (Available on the N3C webpage: https://northcountryclimbing.com/release-agreement/ or sign a paper copy at the Extension office.)
- NOTE: According to the N3C webpage “All visitors, whether they are climbing or not, must complete a Visitor Agreement. Any visitor under the age of 18 years must have their parent or legal guardian sign their form.”
Contact Donna Lee with questions.