Sandwich, NH 03227
Calling All Makers – join us for an exhibition and celebration of all things creative, hands-on and fun. Come experience all that 4-H has to offer! Join us for STEM and craft demonstrations, fun maker activities, and exciting 4-H challenges. This event is free and open to the public, we’d love to have you check out what 4-H is all about!
Welcome One and All
The 4-H Makers Expo is a free event and open to the public. Come participate in different activities including the chain reaction table, open mousetrap car challenge, try a trebuchet, or make a craft and more. If you're new to 4-H, click the link below to request more about the Makers Expo.
4-H Maker Challenges
Youth can enter any of these project challenges and participate at the Makers Expo.
- 4-H Sew Green Fabric Creations - Use provided material to make your own creation with a sewn component for this People's Choice award. (Register in 4HOnline for this specific contest so material can be mailed in advance. The registration deadline is April 15, 2022, so participants will have time to finish their project prior to May 7.)
- STEaMpunk Chain Reaction - Unleash your creative genius and design and share your innovative chain reaction machine.
- Grilled Cheese Challenge - Show your creativity and kitchen skills! Add nutritious ingredients to make a tasty grilled cheese sandwich.
- Mousetrap Car SPEED Challenge - build and enter a mousetrap car that can travel as fast as possible.
- 4-H Honeycomb Home Challenge - Build a honeycomb structure that can hold 5 lbs (or more)! Bring your honeycomb like structure to Maker's Expo to test out your design.
- Artisan Showcase (Fabrics & More) - County participants will be showcasing their garments, quilted projects, knitted/crocheted items, and other sewn objects on stage at the Maker's Expo. Pre-registration required. Contact your county 4-H office to learn more.
- Makers Share Fair - Display items you have made, give a public demonstration or action exhibit based on cool things you make in your 4-H project areas.
Pre-registration is required for Mousetrap Cars, Grilled Cheese Challenge, STEaMpunk Challenge, Ag Innovations, Artisan Showcase (Fabrics & More), or Makers Showcase (see the blue Register link under the Makers Expo graphic).
Come and join the fun. Demonstrations, activities and challenges for all. Carroll County 4-H will be selling food.
This event is FREE and open to the public.