Merrimack Valley High School
105 Community Dr
Concord, NH 03303
It’s time for Merrimack County 4-H Presents! 4-H members are being encouraged to take part in these events. The presentation day is a pinnacle for many 4-H members to develop those important life skills that 4-H teaches. Please read the following information carefully. Contact Hannah Majewski, 4-H Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-255-3508 with any questions. If you can volunteer at the event let us know here.
IMPORTANT EVENT DATES:
- Date of Event: Saturday, May 21st, 2022
- Location: Merrimack Valley High School - 105 Community Dr., Concord, NH 03303
- Time: Registration begins at 8:30am. Judging begins at 9:00am.
- 4-H Presents Office Hours: Monday, April 4th, 2022, 6:00pm - 8:00pm (via ZOOM)
- Event Registrations Due: Friday, April 22nd, 2022 (see registration info below)
- Recipe Card, Photo, Poster, & Flix Video Drop-off: Friday, May 6th, 2022 to the 4-H Office
- Recipe Card, Photo, Poster, & Flix Video Evaluation Day: 6:00pm on Monday, May 16th, 2022 at the 4-H Office
Registering for Events:
- Register for Merrimack County 4-H Presents through 4HOnline: https://v2.4honline.com
- After you register through 4HOnline please fill out this form to tell us more information about your presentation.
Events at a Glance:
- Action Exhibit –Individuals, or teams of up to three, will present and interact with people throughout the morning. Members will answer questions and involve the public in the presentation of their exhibit. An opportunity for youth to demonstrate the skills needed for talking in front of other people.
- Demonstration – An opportunity for youth to share something they know “how to do” with others. Choose from 19 categories/subject areas. Individuals, or teams of up to three members may participate.
- Food Show – Youth are challenged to enter their own recipe, display a place setting arrangement, or create food art at the event.
- Public Speaking – (including Cloverbuds Show & Tell) an opportunity for youth to demonstrate the skills needed for talking in front of other people.
- FLIX Video Contest – Create a 3-5 minute video on just about any subject, to be played at the event. Open to individuals and teams of up to three.
- Photography Contest– Each participant may submit ONE entry, based on a photo theme.
- Entries themes are: NH at its Best, Open Category or 4-H Promotion.
- Poster Contest – Each participant may submit ONE entry based on a poster theme.
- Entry themes are: 4-H Citizenship, 4-H Promotion, 4-H Healthy Living, or 4-H Science.
- Note about Recipe Card, Photos, Posters & Flix Video Entries: They must be dropped off no later than 3:30 pm on Friday, May 6th. These entries are prejudged. After judging they will be brought to Presentation Day and showcased.
All eligible winners will be given an invitation to attend NH 4-H Presents! on June 25th at UNH-Durham. The top scorers at the State Level will be selected for the NH 4-H Communications Team to compete at Eastern States Exposition in September.
Please Note The Following Age Divisions:
- Cloverbuds (age 5-7 by 1/1 of current year)
- Juniors (age 8-10 by 1/1 of current year)
- Intermediates (age 11-13 by 1/1 of current year)
- Seniors (age 14 & older by 1/1 of current year)
*New this Year*: Merrimack County 4-H Presents Office Hours:
New and returning families can join a Zoom on Monday, April 4th anytime from 6:00-8:00 pm to ask questions about this program and any of the specific events and listen to other families’ suggestions. Sign up here to let us know you want to participate in this Zoom.
Link to Zoom: https://unh.zoom.us/j/93783130298?from=addon (or use the Meeting ID: 937 8313 0298)
Goal Setting & Communication Skills:
As the county presentation day approaches, it creates a great opportunity to think about goal setting with members. For example, a 4-Her’s goal, who has never done a demonstration before, might be to: “Learn the parts and pieces of a Foods Demonstration by Presentation Day in May”. The presentation day events offer members opportunities to LEARN and PRACTICE many communication skills and get feedback on areas they have done well and those areas that maybe could be strengthened. Members stand out as being poised, confident and self-assured because they have participated in these events. This is a workforce skill we are developing in young people.
Volunteering at Merrimack County 4-H Presents:
We need approximately 40 Volunteers for Presentation Day. These Volunteers will work as room monitors, event judges, scorekeepers, room proctors, and registration help. Please register Volunteers by Friday, April 22nd by using this link: https://unh.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3CMZJ54ujbuZNcy
Volunteers can be parents or alumni, in addition to youth volunteer opportunities.
Contact Hannah Majewski at (603) 255-3508 or by email at email@example.com.
Join our 4-H Presents “office hours” on Monday, April 4th, 2022 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm via Zoom to ask questions and hear suggestions from other families. Sign up here to let us know you want to participate in this Zoom.
4-H Program Manager