The Earth Around Us: Go deep in exploring the world of soils with this interactive, investigative program that engages youth in research about soils, soil layers, and some of the animals that live in the soil.
In this program youth will:
- Gain skills and practice using rulers, magnifying glasses and soil corers to explore their local soils
- Learn about soil invertebrates and investigate their behaviors by manipulating environmental factors
At this training K-4 educators will:
- Gain the knowledge and skills necessary for implementing the Ground Beneath Our Feet program
- Receive a full curriculum guide that is aligned with NGSS standards for grades K-4
- Have loan access to program materials necessary for implementation
- Have access to the Soil Tent, a traveling education exhibit that combines The Earth Around Us educational activities with a 10 x 10 pop-up tent with striking murals depicting students’ observations of what lies below the surface from The Ground Beneath Our Feet [ https://groundbeneathourfeet.weebly.com/ ] project.
The Earth Around Us is funded by the U.S.D.A Forest Service Eastern Region in collaboration with UNH Leitzel Center, GLOBE Program, & UNH Cooperative Extension. Forest Service Agreement No 21-CS-11090100-035.