Moat Mountain Mineral Site Trailhead
Albany, NH 03818
Ready, Set, Dig!
On Saturday, July 9 at 12 pm, Carroll County 4-H Program Manager and Geologist, Greg Hufford will lead a FREE mineral collecting hike at the Moat Mountain Mineral Site in Albany, NH.
Families will learn how to find smoky quartz crystals and can collect their own!
This fun afternoon of outdoor exploration and discovery will involve hiking a total of two miles on rocky, root-covered trails over rolling terrain.
To ensure that the event is fun and safe, please consider your child’s ability before deciding to attend the program. We ask that parents/guardians please join the hike with their child.
Recommended items to bring:
- A day pack with snacks and water
- Rain gear
- First aid kit
- Safety glasses (we will have extras)
- Work gloves
- A bag for storing collected rocks
- Hammer (small sledges work great)
- Chisel (for concrete/rocks)
- The Moat Mountain Mineral Site
- Trailhead location
- Smoky Quarts from the Moat Mountain Collecting site!
Register by July 8 via 4HOnline.
If you have any questions, contact Greg Hufford, 4-H Program Manager, 603-447-3834.