This is a free, online, safe food handling workshop for volunteers and managers in food pantries and within the NH Food Bank who only handle pre-packaged food and fresh produce and may handle frozen and refrigerated foods.
Pantries and Feeding Programs whose staff prepare and serve food should attend the S.A.F.E. for Foodservice Workers class, which covers food preparation topics.
- Why food workers should not be working when ill
- The importance of personal health & hand hygiene
- Preventing the spread of pathogens in the food pantry
- Why cleaning & sanitizing are key in keeping a food safe pantry
- Understanding & applying food dating
- When to accept or reject donations
- Tips for safe distribution of food
Certificates of attendance will be available after the program. NOTE: Certificates will be sent to the NH Food Bank to fulfill required food safety training for member agencies.