Safety Awareness in the Food Environment (SAFE) for Food Pantries is a 2-hour program on safe food handling topics for food pantries that receive food from the New Hampshire Food Bank.
SAFE for Food Pantries topics include:
- Why food workers should not be working when ill
- The importance of personal health & hand hygiene
- Preventing the spread of pathogens in the food pantry
- Why cleaning & sanitizing are key in keeping a food safe pantry
- Understanding & applying food dating
- When to accept or reject donations
- Tips for safe distribution of food
No cost but preregistration is required.
You will need access to Zoom -- join by computer or phone.
Ann Hamilton, Food Safety Field Specialist