2020 NH 4-H Presents! (4-H State Activities Day)
Congratulations to all who participated in the new "4-H Presents" virtual format this year!
We challenged you during a time of uncertainty and change…and you took a chance and tried something new. And for that alone, you are all winners! The results are posted below. You all did a wonderful job on your presentations and should be very proud. And for those who embrace the 4-H motto of making the best better, individual scoresheets with feedback will be sent via email between 8/17-8/21. We have medals for those who placed, and hope to arrange a celebration for all in the near future. Stay tuned for details...
We're going virtual!
Welcome to 4-H Presents!, New Hampshire 4-H’s new Virtual Presentations Day. While there have been some changes from our traditional 4-H State Activities Day, the purpose of the event remains the same….to celebrate the efforts and accomplishments of our amazing 4-H’ers!
4-H Presents! provides an opportunity for youth and teens to build confidence and communication skills. Projects are judged through the application of unified criteria based upon presentation type, subject area, and age.
Top finishers* are invited to represent New Hampshire at the regional Eastern States Exposition in West Springfield, MA ("The Big E"; tentative at this time). Participants in these events gain valuable life skills that will provide an advantage on future applications, interviews, and everyday life.
These experiences qualify for the UNH 4-H scholarship program. Click here to see how UNH values 4-H experiences!
How It Works
For NH 4-H Presents!, you can prepare and present a Demonstration / Illustrated Talk, Public Speech, Photograph, or Poster (detailed guidelines and criteria for each presentation type provided below).
- This year, Demonstrations / Illustrated Talks and Public Speeches will be virtual presentations, requiring a presentation video.
- Photographs and photos of Poster submissions must be registered and will also be uploaded as part of your 4HOnline registration, unless previously delivered to County offices prior to the Stay-at-Home order.
Even if you registered previously for your local County Activities Day you still need to register for 4-H Presents! Registration will be via 4HOnline.
- Help sheet: How to register for a 4-H event through 4HOnline
- If your presentation requires a video, you will need to have the link to your upload available when registering (detailed instructions on how to upload your video below).
- If you are presenting a photo or poster, you will need to have your photo or photo of your poster ready to upload into 4HOnline as part of the registration process.
- Within two business days, you will receive an email confirmation stating we have your registration. If your registration contained a video, we will confirm the upload was successful. You are encouraged to create your video and register well in advance of the 6/1 deadline in case you have technical difficulty.
The following timeline will be helpful as you plan out your 4-H Presents! Presentation:
Monday, May 4, 2020
- 4HOnline registration opens!
May 5 - May 27
- County 4-H offices will offer an “open” Zoom for their families (questions, process issues, problems with video uploads, etc.) at some point during this time period. Watch for an email from your County Program Manager!
Monday, June 1, 2020
- 4HOnline registration deadline – registration closes.
- Judges review videos for demonstrations/illustrated talks, public speaking, and FLIX videos
- Scores tabulated at the State 4-H Office
- Based on State of NH, UNH and CDC guidelines, including social distancing recommendations and the unpredictable nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, the New Hampshire 4-H program team is canceling the 4-H Presents! Awards Celebration which was scheduled for August 8th, including Action Exhibits, Fashion Selections, Fashion Revue, and Makers Event presentations. We invite all presenters in those project areas to consider participating with a Demonstration/Illustrated Talk or Public Speech. Plans are already underway to develop an alternative awards ceremony to recognize and celebrate our amazing 4-H’ers, as well as a virtual Cloverbud event. Stay tuned for details!
How-to Resources, Guidelines, & Criteria
The following resources will guide you through the process of preparing and submitting your presentation. Feel free to contact your County 4-H Program Manager or Jody Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have after reviewing the resources below. Prefer to connect by phone? Send us an email and we can schedule a call. We appreciate your flexibility as we work through this process together.
Resources for producing and uploading your 4-H presentation video (Demonstration / Illustrated Talk and Public Speaking):
- Tips for Recording Your 4-H Videos and Presentations
- Tips for Editing Your 4-H Videos and Presentations: OpenShot Video Editor Tutorial
- How to Submit Your NH 4-H Presents! Video: Uploading to YouTube (**Important** Make sure you follow these instructions and have your video link ready before registering for 4-H Presents! via 4HOnline.)
Guidelines & Criteria
Demonstrations and Illustrated Talks (video)
- Public Speaking (video)
- Horse Contest (video)
- Photography (photos uploaded with 4HOnline registration)
- Posters (poster photos uploaded via 4HOnline registration)
- Flix Videos
Use of the 4-H Clover in your presentation must be in accordance with the rules governing the emblem.
*aged 12 and up
For persons with disabilities requiring special accommodations, please contact Jody Jackson (603.862.2157 or email@example.com) prior to the event. Given ample time, we will make any reasonable effort to make accommodations.