4-H Day - Communications Event
8:30am - 12:00pm
4-H Day is an opportunity for all 4-H members to showcase their communication skills. It also serves as the selection process for members ages 8 and older to go on to State Activities Day and for senior horse members to compete for a spot on the State Horse Communications Team which competes at the New England and Louisville, KY contests.
4-H Members compete in the following Categories:
- Demonstration/Illustrated Talk: a demonstration is a know-how, show how, tell how exhibit. Members are explaining what they are doing as they are doing it.
- Public Speaking: a speech can be on any topic area. No props or visuals are used, members must use their voice and expressions to pass on their message.
- Action Exhibit: A display that comes ALIVE. Members are showing others how to do something, answer questions, and explain what they are doing.
- NH Flix Video: Create a 3-5 minute video on just about any subject, including a personal introduction video.
- Table Top Exhibits: A table top exhibit is a display that teaches something that the member has learned The display should include visual aids and props.
- Posters and Photography: Posters and photography are either posters or photos that the member have either made or in the case of photography taken
- NEW THIS YEAR! - If we have enough interest, we will hold a Grilled Cheese and Mouse Trap Competition
- NH Horse Communication Contest