4-H at the Hopkinton State Fair
JOIN MERRIMACK COUNTY 4-H AT THE HOPKINTON STATE FAIR
Thursday, September 2nd – Monday, September 6th
The Hopkinton State Fair is a time when our 4-H youth get to “show off” all their hard work from throughout the year. There will be animal shows, 4-H exhibits, and volunteering that will be a large part of this 5-day event. Participants are required to follow all current UNH COVID-19 Protocols for 4-H events. Specific rules and details will be announced closer to the dates of the Hopkinton Fair.
We know that families have busy schedules and a lot going on. We ask you to look over the volunteer schedules and sign up online for a shift or two at the 4-H Ice Cream Parlor or 4-H Exhibit Hall.
- Sign up to Volunteer at the 4-H Ice Cream Parlor
- Sign up to Volunteer at the 4-H Exhibit Hall
- Email email@example.com if you would like to be a judge at the 4-H Exhibit Hall
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able help us on Fair Clean Up Day (August 16 at 5:00pm)
SPECIAL DATES TO REMEMBER
- Volunteer Sign Ups Due – August 1st
- Exhibitor Registrations Due – August 5th
- Fair Clean Up – August 16th at 5:00pm (there will be pizza for all helpers!)
- Exhibit Hall Items Due to Fairground – Wednesday, September 1st, 2:00pm – 7:30pm
- Exhibit Hall Judging Day – Thursday, September 2nd
Fair Clean-Up Day - Help Needed!
Help is necessary to prepare the 4-H Exhibit Hall for displays and to clean the 4-H Ice Cream Parlor. The clean-up date is Monday, August 16th, at 5:00pm. With enough help, we can be done in a couple of hours. Email Hannah Majewski at email@example.com to let us know you are coming.
- Register your Club Exhibit, Watermelon Challenge Entry or General Watermelon Entry for judging by August 5th here: https://www.hsfairexhibitors.org/department-1-4-h-exhibit-hall/
- Prepare all items with Exhibit Card & Registration Form (these will be available for you to fill out AT THE EXHIBIT HALL you do not need to pick up ahead of time).
- Exhibits must be completed and dropped off at the Exhibit Hall at the fair by Wednesday, September 1, 2021, between the hours of 2:00pm – 7:30pm.
- Judging begins at 9:00am on Thursday, September 2, 2021.
- Entries must be done online by Clicking Here. Once the entry is completed online it will be sent to the fair office automatically. Please fill out the entry form completely.
- Entry Deadline for AG – August 5, 2021
- Need help registering through Fair Entry? Contact the Fair Office at (603) 865-1698 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
***NEW*** Animal Arrival Times:
- Wednesday, September 1, 2021 9:00 AM – 9:00PM
- Thursday, September 2, 2021 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Exception of poultry and rabbit which must be penned between 12:00 noon and 7:00 PM on Wednesday.
Youth 4-H members will auction off their 4-H project animals they have been raising specifically for this event. The Livestock Show begins at 10:00 AM and buyers will get a chance to see the available animals to bid on. The Livestock Auction begins are 12:30 PM and bidders should be present or make arrangements to submit an absentee bid. If you are interested in learning more about the NH 4-H Livestock Show & Auction and would like to become a buyer or sponsor of the auction please fill out this form.