4-H Science Bonanza
Looking for something to do on a Saturday morning instead of watching cartoons? Make your own hydroponic garden, build your own moving sculpture, or improve your Oobleck recipe at the annual 4-H Science Bonanza! This year, the 4-H Science Bonanza will be a day of science exploration that you can do from the comfort of your home.
Just because we can't meet in person doesn't mean that we can't have fun with science! We are busy creating live and pre-recorded videos for you to choose from that will be scheduled for December 12th and the week after. Each activity will have a materials list which will include easy to find items.
You can sign up for any and all of these acitivites on our registration page. See the schedule and Click the links below to learn more about each of these LIVE workshops and what materials you will need.
- 9:15-10:00 - Build your own Crankie (Kinetic Sculpture)
- 10:00-10:45 - Pandemic Response:Quarantine Box Design
- 10:45-11:30 - How to Watch the Geminid Meteor Showers
- 11:30-12:15 - Hydroponics: What, Why and How?
- 12:15-1:00 - Water Transport in Plants
- 1:00-1:45 - Getting to Know Ticks
And, these pre-recorded sessions will be released the week after Science Bonanza and can be enjoyed any time.
- Monday, December 14 - Knots and Pulleys
- Tuesday, December 15 - How Do Insects Communicate?
- Wednesday, December 16 - Tapping into the Maple Tradition
- Thursday, December 17 - The 4-H STEM Challenge - Mars Base Camp
- Friday, December 18 - It's a Solid...It's Liquid...It's Oobleck
Registration is required so we can get you the workshop information you will need. Each activity will have an age appropriate note.
We can't wait to see you all online on December 12.