4-H STEM Gizmo Expo
Something to keep all you makers and engineers busy over the winter months are these remarkable STEM kits from Shop 4-H. They are all $10 or less (they make great gifts!), and the outcomes are simple to achieve and expand upon to make more challenging:
- Build-a-Boat Activity: Design a working electric motor boat
- Mini Wind Turbine Activity: Design a turbine to harness the power of the wind and convert it into electricity
- 4-H Super Wiggle-bot: Build a motorized contraption that can be designed to do many cool things
- Hydraulic Claw Activity: Build a hydraulic claw that works just like the games in an arcade
- or create your own gizmo!
How to Participate
1. Register for the "4-H STEM Gizmo Expo" via 4HOnline 2.0.
2. Order your kit(s) - one or more of the kits above, or design a gizmo of your own.
3. Join us for either or both of these virtual sessions:
Session 1: Unboxing & Inspiration Session
Thursday, January 14, 6:00-7:00pm
Rockingham County's Mike Harris and 4-H STEM Field Specialist Claes Thelemarck will host an open forum/unboxing of kits and run an inspiration session for tinkering and hacking, then issue different challenges.
Session 2: Gizmo Expo!
Thursday, February 18, 6:00-7:00pm
Come discuss your engineering achievements and showcase your gizmo whether you grabbed a STEM Kit from the 4-H Mall or you have have created your own simple mechanics gizmo!
Zoom details will be sent to all participants prior to both sessions.