Agritourism: Building Connection Between Farmers, Customers and Communities
12:00pm - 5:30pm
11th Annual NH Direct Marketing Conference
Before inviting visitors to your agricultural operation for an authentic farm experience like picking berries, petting farm animals or savoring a meal with locally grown produce and meat, there are many factors to consider. “The NH Direct Marketing Conference will help you demystify the Agritourism buzzword. It will provide attendees with information about how to start or grow an Agritourism business,“ says Nada Haddad, Food and Agriculture Field Specialist with University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension.
- Agritourism in New Hampshire: What It Is and What It Is Not. Commissioner of Agriculture Shawn Jasper, NH Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food, Concord, NH.
- What You Should Know About Signage for Tourist Oriented Directional and Attraction Signs for Your Ag Operation. Shari King, Supervisor - Outdoor Advertising - New Hampshire Department of Transportation, Bureau of Traffic, Concord, NH.
- Local Food Distribution System in NH, Research and Results. Julia Jones, Graduate Student and Dr. Alberto Manalo, University of New Hampshire, Department of Natural Resources and the Environment, Durham, NH.
- Promoting Agritourism in NH and Beyond. Gail McWilliams Jellie, Director, Division of Agricultural Development, NH Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food, Concord, NH.
- Farm Panel on Agritourism. Jeremiah Vernon, Vernon Farm, Newfields, NH; Craig Thompson and Sarah Heffron, Mayfair Farm, Harrisville, NH.
- Reducing Your Liability Risk When Visitors Come to Your Farm. Andy Robertson, Senior Advisor, NFP, Bedford, NH.
- Working with Local Government to Support Your Farm. Theresa Walker, Consulting Planner, Rockingham Planning Commission, Exeter, NH and Chair, Town of Durham Agricultural Commission, Durham, NH.
- Opportunities and Challenges with Agritourism Farmer to Farmer Discussion including speakers. Nada Haddad, Agricultural Business Management Field Specialist, UNH Extension Rockingham County, Brentwood, NH.
For more details about registration or any special arrangements including dietary, physical access or other accommodation requests, including the ability to pay, email Nada Haddad, UNH Extension Food and Agriculture Field Specialist, or call 603-679-5616. Ten days are needed to facilitate needs requests.