Beginner's Guide to Raising Beef [Webinar]
Are you thinking about raising beef for yourself or your family? Do you already have cattle, but want to brush up on some of the basics? Maybe you're looking to test the waters for a new business venture? Join us for this three-part series on the ins and outs of what it takes to raise beef cattle successfully in New Hampshire. We’ll start with the basics and end with more in-depth topics you can apply to your herd immediately, from regulations and pasture management to health and nutrition. Each session will cover something different, so be sure to attend all three!
Getting Started—May 4
- Insider Tips from NH Beef Producers Association, Fencing, and Housing; Peter Kress, Beef Producers, and NHBPA President
- Animal Welfare, Handling and Processing Considerations; Elaina Enzien, UNH Cooperative Extension
Raising Beef Cattle—May 5
- Meeting Nutritional Needs Through Grazing and Pasture Management; Carl Majewski, UNH Cooperative Extension
- Breeds, Production Stages, and Calving; Savannah Steele and Jake Lyons, Beef Producers and Board Members of NHBPA
Regulations and Biosecurity—May 6
- Regulations, Reportable Diseases and More; NH Department Agriculture, Market & Food
- Protecting your herd with good biosecurity; Elaina Enzien, UNH Cooperative Extension
UNH Students, contact Shyloh Favreau for your registration code.
For persons with disabilities requiring special accommodations, please contact Elaina Enzien at email@example.com or at (603) 679-5616 prior to the event. Given ample time, we will make any reasonable effort to make accommodations. A fee is charged for this Extension program to cover costs. A limited number of scholarships is available to individuals unable to pay.
Thank you to the New Hampshire Beef Producers Association for supporting this workshop.