Beginner's Guide to Raising Beef [Webinar]
Are you thinking about raising beef for yourself or your family? Do you already have cattle, but want to brush up on some of the basics? Maybe you're looking to test the waters for a new business venture? Join us for this three-part series on the ins and outs of what it takes to raise beef cattle successfully in New Hampshire. We’ll start with the basics and end with more in-depth topics you can apply to your herd immediately, from regulations and pasture management to health and nutrition. Each session will cover something different, so be sure to attend all three!
Getting Started—May 4
- General Considerations: Housing, Manure and Fencing; Nick Rowley, UNH Cooperative Extension
- Animal Welfare, Handling and Processing Considerations; Elaina Enzien, UNH Cooperative Extension
- Insider Tips from NH Beef Producers Association; Peter Kress, Beef Producers and NHBPA President
Raising Beef Cattle—May 5
- Basic Nutrition; Elaina Enzien, UNH Cooperative Extension
- Grazing Beef and Pasture Management; Carl Majewski, UNH Cooperative Extension
- Breeds, Production Stages, and Calving; Savannah Steele and Jake Lyons, Beef Producers and Board Members of NHBPA
Regulations and Biosecurity—May 6
- Regulations, Reportable Diseases and More; NH Department Agriculture, Market & Food
- Protecting your herd with good biosecurity; Elaina Enzien, UNH Cooperative Extension
For persons with disabilities requiring special accommodations, please contact Elaina Enzien at email@example.com or at (603) 679-5616 prior to the event. Given ample time, we will make any reasonable effort to make accommodations. A fee is charged for this Extension program to cover costs. A limited number of scholarships is available to individuals unable to pay.
Thank you to the New Hampshire Beef Producers Association for supporting this workshop.