Beginner's Guide to Raising Sheep [Webinar]
Are you thinking about raising sheep for yourself or your family? Do you already have sheep, but want to brush up on some of the basics? Maybe you're looking to test the waters for a new business venture? Join us for this three-part series on the ins and outs of what it takes to raise sheep successfully in New Hampshire. We’ll start with the basics and end with more in-depth topics you can apply to your flock immediately, from regulations and pasture management to health and nutrition. Each session will cover something different, so be sure to attend all three!
Getting Started—April 20
- Site Selection, Housing, and Fencing; NH Sheep Producer
- Animal Welfare, Handling and Processing Considerations; NH Sheep Producer
Raising Sheep—April 21
- Basic Nutrition and Health; Pete Erickson, UNH Cooperative Extension
- Grazing Sheep and Pasture Management; Carl Majewski, UNH Cooperative Extension
Regulations and Producer Roundtable—April 22
- Regulations, Reportable Diseases, and More; NH Department Agriculture, Market & Food
- Breeds, Biosecurity, and More: Closing Remarks from a NH Sheep Producer
UNH Students, contact Shyloh Favreau for your registration code.
For persons with disabilities requiring special accommodations, please contact Elaina Enzien at email@example.com or at (603) 679-5616 prior to the event. Given ample time, we will make any reasonable effort to make accommodations. A fee is charged for this Extension program to cover costs. A limited number of scholarships is available to individuals unable to pay.