[CANCELED] - 4-H Makers Expo
Due to the public health concern caused by the COVID-19 virus, UNH administration made the decision to cancel all UNH Cooperative Extension events, programs, and noncredit classes through April 5th. The health and safety of our staff and the many members of our NH communities that participate in our programs is most important. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this uncertain time.
About the Event
Join 4-H for a day of making and inspiration! The 4-H Makers Expo is an exhibition and celebration of 4-H project work, exciting challenges and fun activities. 4-H clubs and members can showcase 4-H project work and participate in 4-H challenges and everyone, 4-H Members and the general public, are invited to come and participate in fun maker activities and connect with other makers. There will be an exhibition of work by 4-H members and many activities where anyone can come and make things to take home. All 4-H members or clubs are invited to come and share anything you make from rockets to robots, pants suits to prom gowns, bird houses to bicycles and more. If you can make it, come and share it.
Maker Challenges - There will be different 4-H Maker Challenges for youth to participate in. Any 4-H member can participate in these challenges to test and demonstrate their maker skills. (Pre-registration is required)
- Put your engineering prowess to the test! Race in the Mousetrap Car Challenge.
- Show your culinary chops! Form a team to compete in the Grilled Cheese Challenge.
- Stroll the runway! Model your 4-H Fashion Revue county qualifying garments (ESE judging and qualification has moved from SAD to the Makers Expo)
- Unleash your creative genius! Share your STEaMpunk Invention and demonstrate your innovative contraption
- Celebrate your community connection! Exhibit your Purple Plow Challenge project
There will be several hands-on Maker activities that everyone can participate in to iand enjoy.
Pre-registration is required for Mousetrap Cars, Grilled Cheese Challenge, STEaMpunk Challenge, Fashion Review, Purple Plow or to host an Exhibit Table. Fashion Review participants must qualify through county events. Registration is open through 4-H Online.
For questions or more information contact: Claes Thelemarck