Fashion Selection at 4-H Presents!
Over the years, we have loved having participated in our Fashion Selections event. This is an event where a 4-Her spends a maximum of $50 to purchase a new outfit in the following categories.
- Best Bargains for under $25
- Sports/Leisure Activities (no team sports uniforms)
- Special Occasions
- Makeovers (garments that you have changed since purchasing)
- Career Fashions (talk to someone in a career that interests you and then put together an outfit that would be appropriate for that career).
- Interview Outfits (appropriate for 4-H, work, or college interviews)
Once you enter your outfit for judging at the county level, you will likely have the opportunity to move forth and enter the state competition. We have a new idea for this year’s State 4-H Fashion Selection! This year, if you qualify at your county, you will receive $20 to use at your local Walmart, thrift shop, or any other bargain clothing shop in your area. With this, you will create another outfit to show to judges at the State 4-H Presents day. You can use this money to either buy a whole new outfit, for accessories, for another garment, or two to add to your outfit/something from your closet… however you see fit.
This is a fun and easy way to get involved at 4-H Presents and more specifically - our newly revamped Fashion Selections. We can’t wait to see what kinds of outfits that you come up with!
For more information, check out some of these links.