Final 2018 NH 4-H Livestock Auction Tagging and Workshop
1:00pm - 4:30pm
Hillsborough County Agricultural Fairgrounds
15 Hilldale Lane
New Boston, NH 03070
The final tagging date for the 2018 NH 4-H Livestock Auction will be Sunday, May 27th at the Hillsborough County Agricultural Fairgrounds (New Boston, NH). Tagging will be from 1-2 pm with educational workshops starting at 2 pm.
If you plan to tag an animal please email firstname.lastname@example.org with number of animals and what species.
Rules for 4-H Youth Participating in the NH 4-H Livestock Show & Auction:
- You can tag up to three animals per species. You may show and sell one animal per species at the auction. There is a non-refundable $25 entry fee per species to enter up to three animals of same species (example: 3 lambs for $25 and 3 goats for $25). Payment is due at the time of tagging and weigh in.
- To participate members must be 8 years old by January 1, 2018
- All livestock must be on the member’s intent to show form and must be owned by the member, not in a farm name.
- All animals must be tagged at one of the official tagging events listed on the website. Tags must not be intentionally removed for the duration of the program, including the day of the auction. Tags that fall out must be immediately reported to the species superintendent and the animal will be retagged, with documentation of the new tag by photo.
- All youth must participate in a Workshop; there will be no exceptions to this mandatory requirement.
For additional rules and participation information go to the NH 4-H Livestock Auction website
Sponsored by the NH 4-H Livestock Show & Auction