Grafton County 4-H Activities Day
Registration Deadline: March 1, 2019
Snow Date: March 23, 2019
Communicating an idea or message can be done in many different ways. County Activities Day (CAD) provides youth with an opportunity to convey their message to event judges, other participants, parents/guardians, family members, and members of the public via posters, photographs, videos, exhibits, demonstrations, displays, and public speeches.
Youth may participate in several different activities. However, due to time constraints, 4-H’ers are only permitted to select a maximum of two of the following communication presentations: Public Speaking, Action Exhibits, Demonstrations, Fashion Selections. (This limit does not include photos, posters, and FLIX.)
- Photography – Each participant may submit up to three entries. Photos must be dropped off at the Extension Office no later than March 1 by 3:30pm.
- Posters - Each participant may submit up to three entries. Posters must be dropped off at the office no later than March 1 by 3:30pm.
- Demonstrations – An opportunity to share something that you know “how to do” with others. Individuals, or teams of up to three members may participate.
- Action Exhibit - Individuals, or teams of up to three, will present and interact with people as they walk around. Members will answer questions and involve the public in the presentation of their exhibit.
- Public Speaking - An opportunity for youth to demonstrate the skills needed for talking in front of other people.
- NH 4-H FLIX Video Contest – Create a 3-5 minute video on just about any subject, to be played at the event. Open to individuals and teams of up to three. Video entry flash drives must be dropped off at the office no later than March 1 by 3:30pm.
- Fashion Selections – Youth ages 12+ will wear their fashion selections, model in front of judges, and discuss their consumer choices.
Full details are available in the CAD Packet: https://tinyurl.com/CAD2019Packet
To participate, please complete the on-line CAD Registration: https://tinyurl.com/CAD2019Reg
Youth participating at CAD (ages 8 to 18) will receive feedback via the state score sheets. To view the score sheets, go to the State Activities Day web page. Cloverbuds (ages 5 to 7) will receive feedback via a County Comment Sheet. (Please contact the office if you'd like to view the Cloverbud Comment Sheets.)