Legislative Advocacy Training for State Advisory Council Members
Please Join us for Legislative Advocacy Training and learn how to engage with policy makers.
This training will help Extension State Advisory Council members and staff engage with decision makers at our Legislative Breakfast* Event on March 21, 2018 in Concord, N.H.
Through legislative advocacy, Extension volunteers and staff provide vital expertise and perspectives to federal, state, and local government decision-makers.
Our first advocacy training will provide basic information on topics such as:
- The definition of advocacy
- Building relationships with decision-makers
- Message development and information dissemination-specifically Extension’s programs that help youth, individuals, and families make informed decisions about Wellness and Healthy Living.
Our goals for the training:
State Advisory council members that attended the advocacy training will attend the legislative breakfast on March 21 and:
- gain knowledge, skill and confidence needed to effectively engage with legislators
- be able to distinguish the difference in "lobbying" and advocating
- identify elected officials at all levels
- share a success story someone has had with Extension.
Get the conversation started! Be recognized as part of the Extension Family.
Our Volunteers play a critical role in the success of these events, and your enthusiasm, support and dedication is appreciated. Many of you have asked for Extension logo-wear for these events. Please let us know your shirt size. Register and we will order a white oxford shirt for you.
Legislative Breakfast* The legislative breakfast is an excellent way to build and grow relationships with legislators, impressing upon them the fine work we are doing on behalf of their constituents, and becoming a trusted resource they and their staff turn to when they need information. Our goal is not a heavy sell - you want them to leave with a smile, having enjoyed themselves and found new partners in serving their constituents. It is best to emphasize our strengths.